The Path of Purification of Satipatthana
with a drop of Mahamudra
February 14th - March 1st, 2014
with Ven Antonio Satta
Ven. Antonio Satta was born in Sardegna Italy in 1956. He was first introduced to Tibetan Buddhism at Lama TsongKhapa Institute, Italy. After meeting Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche in Italy, he took novice ordination in 1979 and then full ordination from HHDL in 1981. Ven. Antonio has received teachings from HHDL, Ling Rinpoche, Serkong Rinpoche, Song Rinpoche, Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche, Rilbur Rinpoche and various other teachers, including Geshe Jampa Lodro and Geshe Ngawang Dhargye. He also studied (including Tibetan language) for four years at Tharpa Choeling Switzerland with Geshe Rabten, and for four years at Nalanda Monastery with Geshe Jampa Techok. His main teachers are Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. In late 1981 Ven. Antonio spent a number of months in Sri Lanka at a MahasiSayadaw Insight Meditation Centre learning the practice of Vipassana.
Since 1991 Ven. Antonio has been living in Australia translating and teaching at Vajrayana Institute, Sydney; teaching and tutoring for the Buddhist Study Program at Chenrezig Institute; and teaching at other FPMT centres in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, United States, and Nepal and India. Over the last 12 years Ven. Antonio has been concentrating on trying to bring the Vipassana practice as taught in the Theravada system to westerners of Tibetan tradition.
- Ven. Antonio Satta’s Insight Meditation retreats started in Root Institute and became immensely popular in FPMT centres worldwide. Ven. Antonio has very kindly agreed to lead such a retreat again at Root Institute, February 2014. The retreat is unique and effective; many people attend one retreat after another. Registrations are individually screened and approved by Ven. Antonio and participation is subject to quite stringent conditions – all this being necessary to create a conducive environment and opportunity for a genuine meditation experience.
- A non-refundable deposit of at least 150 USD is required in advance before January 1st 2014.
- The retreat is in total silence.
- Students who commit to starting the retreat should commit to finishing the retreat.
- Participants will not be able to leave the property during the retreat (except of course in an emergency.)
- Chairs cannot be used during the sitting sessions in the meditation hall, although meditation stools are acceptable.
- Students will be required to hand into the office, before the start of the
retreat, their computers, mobile phones, ipads etc etc.
There is a limit of 50 participants so please register soon!